Thursday, June 9, 2011

Project Update Part.1

As mentioned on this blog, I was preparing for my brake conversion project and did a checking with my mechanic. I was told that I have 3 ways of doing this project. The first is to use the ST205 knuckle and rotors without modification. Second is to use the original knuckle with ST205 rotors by machining the rotors. Third is to use brackets and machine the ST205 rotors. He also mentioned about finding big rotors and fit with the calipers but I don't remember about that.

Before I left for Sabah, I thought I could get my car back after 4 days, but due to certain calculation and technical problem plus a holiday and a Sunday, the car remains unchanged. I was disappointed when I got the news. I had to go and see what is the hold up. So, I went down there on Tuesday. I was told that he is using the second way and that is why he sent the parts to be machined and get the bracket done. It was a long wait for the bracket manufacturer to be done.

I waited for a long time and went down there again today. This time, with extra calculation, he scraped the second way and decides on the first way. I am happier with the first way but he told me one my knuckle is jammed and needs a bearing replacement. My car still looked the same as it was when I was last there. He told me everything is with the machining party and just have to wait for the things needed and he could install it.

However, he wouldn't start on the rear or fix the stabilizer bar before the front is done. So, everyone (parents and I ) is frustrated. I know he is tired as my car is not his only priority and he likes to do things slow to ensure maximum safety and durability. I like his style and understands his ways but I don't have that much time and without my ride it is inconvenient. This is how my car looks like for almost a week.

Driveshaft and absorbers on left side

Absorbers without Driveshaft and black ATF that needs
changing
with lower arm bar
most part attached

No comments:

Post a Comment