Thursday, June 2, 2011

Checking

When I met with my fellow Celica members, I asked all the members who converted their brakes where they did the conversion. It is either by TRIAL, famous in Japan for Celica tuning or PP Auto where the owner has many years of experience with Celica. However, there is one member who did it hands on with his mechanic and I was considering my own mechanic because he has many experience in maintenance and racing.

The day I sent my car for servicing, I did not bring the brakes with me as I was still thinking whether to let my mechanic do it or not. But I finally decided to let my mechanic do it as I trust him more and I know his work would be clean and safe. So, I drove my car there the next day and show him the brakes and my newly acquired rare TRD front stabilizer bar which is thicker than stock. 



He open up my front wheel and started dismantling several parts to get measurement and see the fitting. I told him various ways used by other members to install the brakes and we were considering using a new approach to fitting the brakes as I bought the whole knuckle instead of just the calipers and rotors. He said it might be possible to use the whole knuckle. I hope so as it would mean less modification and cheaper to install. I'll be heading down today to drop off my car to install everything while I go on a vacation to Sabah. Hope everything goes well and does not burn a whole in my pocket. 





No comments:

Post a Comment