Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Power Window 2

2 months ago, I realized that my passenger side power window is not functioning and due to some reason, I never got it fixed. When my car was in the workshop for the front brakes transplant, I had it fixed and now it is fine and working. However, when my mechanic open up the door and checked the problem, he found out something about my car.

Apparently, there was a lock mechanism to prevent the window to actually function which surprises the mechanic when I told him it was working just fine. He took out the lock and replace the faulty motor and now it works. The second discovery is the rubber that prevents the window to over raise is teared. As the door has no frame, without the rubber it will rise to high and I can't close the door when I open it.



Now, I have adjusted the window to the right height and use the window lock button the make the window stay. I try to reduce the usage of the passenger window as the adjustment would be troublesome. Hope to find replacement part that would be hard as they don't make this car anymore and not much half cut have this part.

No comments:

Post a Comment