Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Service Time

My regular service time for my Celica has once again came and it was time to head down to my trusted mechanic. Today, besides the regular oil changing maintenance services, I had other things I wanted him to take care of. I have driven the car for more than a year and the skirting are all starting to come out. So, I wanted him to refurbish it and fix my passenger side window that is faulty for months.

When my car was jacked up, my mechanic saw that my tires are not in good shape. It's time to change I guess. After he serviced my Celica, he dismantled my passenger side door to test what is faulty and it was the motor that has ran its course. He checked for the price and I discussed with my dad. At the end, I was forced to let it be as it will be costly and I seldom use that window anyway. The skirting part was a no go either as my guy is a mechanic and don't deal with bodykit.






So, I did not get all the item on my checklist done but I talked with my mechanic and he has many contacts that could be useful to me. Among those contacts are a bodykit guy and a guy with dyno machine. I guess I have no worries there. While I was waiting for him, there was a Mazda RX-8 next door being cleaned inside out. Now I await the next service and hope that my window would be fixed.



No comments:

Post a Comment