Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Project

When I first got my Celica, I went to buy a magazine from Japan (HyperRev Vol.87) that is all about Celica to improve my knowledge and what to do with my Celica. From the magazine, I realized that the main mod for braking systems is the conversion of front brakes to the Celica ST205 GT4. It has bigger calipers with 4 pots front and 2 pots rear.

I was interested as it is the size of a Brembo brake caliper but has the Celica wording engraved on the calipers. However, it is hard to find these brakes and it would cost a bomb for me. So, I did not had high hopes for this mod. As I drive more of my Celica, I realized that the stock brakes are not good enough and I have had an accident due to that. This gave me a reason to change my brakes but the problem is locating one set of it.

Recently, I found someone selling a full front and rear calipers set with knuckles at mudah.my and selling at a cheap price. Immediately, I took action and contacted that seller. After a few days, I finally reached him and gave him my proposal. It all sounded great and I went to view the product last night and bought it. I was happy with the cheap buy as front calipers usually sell for RM900 to RM1000.

I can't wait to get it fixed on my car but it would be troublesome and take some time to do it. I still have no idea when it would be implemented. I hope it would be soon.

This is what I paid RM1100 for :
2 x Front 4 Pots Brake Calipers
2 x Front Disc plus knuckles
2 x Rear 2 Pots Brake Calipers
2 x Rear Disc plus knuckles
8 x OEM Brake Pads

All calipers were painted gold and that saves me money from painting it but I would have to get it reconditioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment