Monday, May 30, 2011

My First

Last Friday, 27th May, Celica Club Malaysia had another TT. We first gathered at BHP Kuchai Lama then moved to a mamak in Bukit Jalil. There I met with a few new CCM members and got to know their cars. At around midnight, we convoyed to V1 pub again in Puchong but when we reached there, it had already closed. Lucky for us, one of the member is very close with the owner and they let us in.

Suddenly, they all had the idea have drag races on the road outside of V1 as it is wide and has no car. I jumped at that chance and got excited coming up with a legendary phrase, "Sprit versus Sprit" as we just wanna have fun. There were 1 turbocharged, 2 supercharged and 1 TRD M-Sport along with a mixture of 1zz and 2zz in manual and auto transmission with a special guest, Midnight Owl's Nissan GT-R R35.

At first, I was excited to just watch all the other members race around and listen to their exhaust sound and I had the chance of driving not only my first manual Celica but also a rare TRD M-Sport Celica. My manual driving is rusty especially from still and felt the clutch was very hard and hard to see as it was heavily tinted. Since it was not my car, I was careful with it and did not go too fast.

Next, I took the chance and sat in the Turbo Celica and a Blitz supercharger equipped Celica. My experience in the Turbo Celica was very exciting. When he accelerated, the pressure was instantly felt and I was nailed to his SSCUS seat and couldn't move. His brakes was very smooth and stops effortlessly. This made me want to put on my new brakes quickly.

The supercharged Celica on the other hand was not that fast as it was tune to RON 98 petrol from Japan.  However the sound of the rotors was very enticing. I really had a lot of fun. After all that, one member with 1zz auto asked me to race with him. I just agreed and played 2 rounds with him. I lost the first time and the 2nd time I was away 2 cm from him. My fault was not knowing how to launch an auto and my heavy rim caused wheel spin.

The final event was the race between the Turbo Celica and our special guest, the R35. They were playing around and we listened to its roar with anticipation. I recorded few videos of it and would like to share it. Overall it was a very enjoyable night and I would like to have another TT like this. I got to practice my racing skills. Thanks to the organizer, the owners of Celica who I drove and sat on.

GReddy Supercharger equipped 
My challenger, 1zz Auto
Blitz Supercharger equipped
Sports M - the one I tried
Special Guest, R35



No comments:

Post a Comment