Monday, April 18, 2011

Sad Case

As posted previously, both my first car, the Corolla and 2nd car, Vios has been in accidents before and Celica is not safe from the same fate too. However, Celica had a better luck compare to the other 2 cars. This is the first car that I have driven that is very low and equipped with PU made skirting and front bumper compare to the abs Corolla and fiber made Vios.

So, I was very interested on how sturdy the material would be and I was presented the chance one day when I brought my friend to an accessory shop and hit a divider when turning, overestimating the height of the car and turning angle. Needless to say, my side skirt came out and was scratched but on the bright side, the side skirt is still intact only with minor scratches, which make me believe the strength of PU skirting.

I was kinda satisfied with its sturdiness but then came the next test to my front bumper. One day when I was heading out, I came to an intersection into a straight moving road. I was busy looking at the side to see the incoming car and when I thought I was in the clear I accelerated. However, to my horror, there was an MPV in front of me and I couldn't brake right away due to the short distance and not effective brakes. I tried to steer away to minimize damage and hit the MPV's rear bumper on the right while damaging my front bumper on the left corner. My day turned gloomy in a short amount of time.

Due to the experience I had from prior accidents, I was calmed but with a hint of anger as although it was my fault for hitting the MPV but I was not totally at wrong here. The anxious lady driver came down from the MPV and demanded me to follow her around to settle it. Long story short, I followed her around for some time in only 2nd gear (she drives like a Learner) and ended having to pay RM200 for her damage. As for my damage, my bumper was scratched and the fitting is off by 2mm. After some polish, it is not visible from far and you need to purposely spot it when you see closely.

It was a dark day for Celica but I'm glad it only had minor damage. In addition to this incident, I also chipped my left rear rim, contributed by dividers again. It is around 3cm and maybe one day I will bring it for respray and do some accent with paint on my baby, Celica. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment