Monday, April 18, 2011

Hand me Downs

People have always practiced the Hand Me Downs systems, especially in families with many children. Parents would buy clothing and necessary things from baby stuffs to books for their first born. After some time when the 2nd one arrives, the previously used things were handed down from the 1st born to the next sibling and so on till the last sibling unless from a different gender. For this blog's sake, the focus on my story is the handing of my Vios to my brother.

The handing down was easy for me as what was waiting for me was even better. Don't get me wrong. The vios contributed to many things in my life and I'm appreciative about it. I've invested money in modding and time on it and it is a shame to hand it down to my brother but the car is still in the family and I could drive whenever my brother is not using. However, my feelings start to change.

My brother was known to be a lousy driver that is clumsy and have poor judgment when it comes to spaces and seem to be oblivious to the sides of the car. So, I had some preparation of the heart that he would cause some damage to Vios. It began with the scratching of the right front rim and it just escalates from there onwards. There were many scratches from the front bumper to the latest side skirt and rear door shenanigans.

The biggest damage so far would have to be the his first major accident where he hit another Vios head on and destroyed the front bumper. I was not there so I did not know how damaged it was and my dad did some cover up for the accident. I got the call from my brother and went home to see the end product. From what I could see, the grill is shattered, the front hood is dented (if open could not be closed) and my ings front bumper is replaced by its stock front bumper.

I hope he drives safely. The Vios does not deserve to be treated this way. Well, I know new drivers would trash their first ride one way or another but he could at least be more careful with the ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment