Monday, April 18, 2011

Idols

Toyota Celica, especially the last generation has always been known among car enthusiasts as a car with only looks of a sports car and none of its power. This maybe due to the fact that Celica is not as powerful when compared to other sports car. There are some who tried to enhance the power of its 2zz-ge engine to match its competitor. In Japan, the favorable and easier way is by supercharging the car with a Blitz supercharger kit with intercooler.

However, when it comes to forced induction, turbocharging would be the preferred kind. I finally met one turbo Celica from the CCM. His name is Bernard and I really admire his turbo Celica and it poisons me to get one myself. If I ask him, he would encourage me to get a bolt on turbo for my ride but I have always wanted a supercharger for its low rpm power. I knew he could be a guy that I could go to for advise on modding my car.






Recently, I stumbled onto my Celica Idol, Allance. He owns the only Twin-Charged Celica in Malaysia! I first saw his car in a magazine and remembering another CCM member told me about a twin-charger among the club members. I was so fascinated about it because I did an assignment on forced induction. The first mass produced twin-charged car came from Volkswagen and I could not believe that someone put that technology in a Celica.





I was already poisoned by Bernard but was furthered poisoned by Allance and made me asked Allance more about forced induction for my Celica. If you ask me, I would like to have a twin-charged Celica but in reality I would just go for one and that would be turbo after some advice from him. It's time for me save up some money and plan for the future. With this advancement in Celica, I feel that Celica has its potential and is not a weak car as people perceived. After all, I did personally chose this for myself and I never doubt my choice and not planning to.

2 comments:

  1. How bout blitz charger without intercooler? Sifu Edison just took off mine @@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tysun bro. I didn't see your comment sorry now only reply.
    You know how turbo air is very hot and the cooler the air the better the power. So intercooler helps cool the air from turbine to throttle body. That's why always use by turbo car. Supercharger only compress the air so in a way it is useless to have intercooler. You see Greddy doesn't come with one but BLITZ put one there sure got its function. I also not sure why Edison removes it. Maybe you got methonal kit cool enough. you should ask him

    ReplyDelete