Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lower Arm

Ever since I got my Celica, there has been none stop clanking sound from the front part of the car. I thought it was meant to be like that as Celica has low sound proofing. This was later known as the sound from busted ball joints from my Tein suspensions and bush from my lower arm bars. I have searched for all alternatives to remedy this problem.

Most of the dealers sells the whole 2 lower arm bars and not just the bushes which will cost me RM5k. Luckily one member introduced me to his mechanic from Gee Spec and I got it done with a steal of RM540 including the reattachment of my skirts as it is coming off. However, the guy told me my upper pillow mount plate is busted too but I don't wanna change it. Too much work.

In the end, all skirting are firm except the rear right side that keeps coming out. The clanking noise has been reduced and I'm satisfied except for a sound of loose parts or plastic at around 120km/h. I'm going to get it done till I'm satisfied.

Ball Joints

Lower Arm Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment