Sunday, August 21, 2011

Test Result

After the installation of the Camcon, several people convinced me more about the big effect it will have on my Celica. My friend stated this, "Because your air fuel mixture is better after tuned, your power comes in more consistent even though there is small 2 hp increase.", which is absolutely right. I went to test the power with my friends and boy we had so much fun.

The different that the Camcon did to my Celica is increasing the torque in my mid range after 3200 rpm and I do feel the early engaging point of my lift and my 3rd gear now has lift now. Acceleration at higher gear without downshifting is smoother and easier. The pull in mid range has improve fairly but the front range still feels sluggish.

The better fuel consumption statement is yet to be tested and I do hope it turns out true as that is a crucial point and sadly, as I don't drive above 3000 rpm daily, it is hard to feel the new found power in the mid range. I will do more testing for it and I have been told that it could be further tuned to achieve better result. I would be itchy to try that but not anytime soon. Gotta save up my money for other things.

ps. I re-taped the camcon.


No comments:

Post a Comment