Sunday, August 14, 2011

Last TT with a Twist

Since according to Chinese Law, after a funeral, one must stay away from entertainment for at least 49 days. My outing with the club is deemed entertaining and I could not attend anymore TT. So, with the coincidence of the venue for that week's TT was conveniently my housing area, I convinced my mum to let me attend.

Due to the busy schedule to launch our club, our main members are busy with arrangements. Thus, most meetings hence forth will carry the duty of having meetings regarding club agendas. We had quite a turnout and as usual we were talking about the club and the car. Soon it was getting late and most members stay very far from my place. It was down to me and my friend Chew as we both lived there.

My car was having noise issue and I let him drive my Celica to test it out. Coincidently, he just changed is suspensions to a C-One 4 way adjustable suspensions. I asked him to compare to my setup. He was not pleased with his soft setting although it was the maximum but it is still far more better than his previous setup. When I send him back to his car, I told him I always wanted to test his car as his is a manual.

He taught me how to do proper launching with a manual car and rev out the potential of his slightly mod Celica. It was mind blowing the fact that a manual Celica alone is capable of such power where my auto seems pale in comparison. The torque was awesome and the shifting was fun. I'm not really great in manual but still I made it fly.

His car made me want to keep my car a NA car as it is already quite powerful. Thank you for that chance and I hope your car get well soon as he suffered a blown engine with a camrod and oil pump broken down. Our manual Celica is prone to oil pump disintegration from the effects of over rev and mis-shifts.

His is the white one and mine is next to him

His mod

No comments:

Post a Comment