Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Latest Ride

Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I last post something here. I have been really busy with work and finally have some time to update this blog. First of all, the Celica. Since the demod project, it has been prepared for sale and have been parked at my office's front. There has been one interested person that viewed the car but due to the price and difficulty to secure a loan. Clearly it is going to be a long drag. I have only been starting the engine and it has not been driven for almost 3 months. Every time I look at the Celica I have mixed feelings. On one side I could not face the Celica only remembering how it became a week ride after I demod. Meanwhile on the other side I feel sorry that I have abandoned it. All I can hope for is that it could find its way to a new owner and be completely used like before.


You might wonder what have I been driving if I have not touched the Celica for almost 3 months and the answer is non other than my new ride. It is exactly as reported here on the blog and introducing for the first time on this blog, my latest ride, the Mazda 6. It is a 2.5L version of the large sedan equipped with many gadgets and 19 inch rims. It has to be the biggest among its JDM rival.As usual when I am driving a new car, I have been comparing everything regarding the Mazda 6 and the Celica from the handling to the fuel efficiency. After 3 months of driving the Mazda 6, I obviously realized the pros and cons of the new Mazda 6 and how it fares against my Celica. If compared to the modded Celica, it would definitely be a something hard to follow for the Mazda 6.


Many of my friends ask me which is better and all (beside other Celica and sports car owner) expected me to say the Mazda to be a better car. All that is because most of them thinks that the 2014 model will be much better in terms of technology and being a D-Segment large sedan it is very comfortable but they fail to remember that I used to drive a sports car. So, my priority is not how comfortable the seats and suspension are and definitely not how high tech it is. I can say the Mazda 6 belongs to a sporty sedan category instead of your usual comfortable sedan but still not quite the sports car. However, at the stock stage the Celica, it really have its cons and that is the reason I only drive the Mazda 6 now. I will put up a comparison of the Mazda 6 next as soon as I get some time to write about it.


First Chip
With Celica Front
With Celica Rear

No comments:

Post a Comment