Sunday, March 13, 2011

Data

After much research, I finally got the right data that I need to take my pick from these 3 lovely selection of cars to be my next daily drive. These cars were selected from a large pool of contestants because of several reasons made up of budget, class and size. The data are as below :


Mitsubishi Lancer
Engine : 2.0l MIVEC 
Max. Power : 155 ps
Max. Torque : 199 N-m
Transmission : 6 speed with paddle shift
Layout : FF
Advantage : Large sedan, 4 doors, Great Acceleration, Sporty
Disadvantage : Too large, Expensive Tires, Cheap and Boring Interior
Price : RM 123,000

Honda Civic

Engine : 2.0l i-VTEC 
Max. Power :  155 ps
Max. Torque : 188 N-m
Transmission : 5 speed with paddle shift
Layout : FF
Advantage : Sleek, Sporty exterior, Modern Interior and Cockpit, 4 doors
Disadvantage : Weak suspensions, A bit pricey
Price : RM 130,000

Toyota Celica
Engine : 1.8l vvtL-i 
Max. Power : 190 ps
Max. Torque : 180 N-m
Transmission : 4 speed with paddle shift
Layout : FF
Advantage : A sports car, sleek exterior
Disadvantage : 2 doors, Low, Dated interior, Pricey, Recon Unit 
Price : RM 140,000

Although I have all these data and my own consideration, it was still a hard decision on which to get as each has its good and bad points. All of the choices above are new car except Toyota Celica is a Recon Unit where the condition of the car varies. This means I had to go look for a decent unit which is more work compared to getting a brand new car. If I couldn't find a decent Toyota Celica is available, I have no choice but consider the other options.

Based on the initial data here, Celica is the most powerful with the smallest engine but low on torque which costs its acceleration. It also has less gears compared to the others. I really love Celica since I was 16 and hope to get one. I really still need to think more about it. I don't want to regret my choice since the chance to get my dream car is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment