Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to Toyota World


This is a new blog created by me to express my interest in cars and share about my own car history.

The title of the blog or link is Toyota. Many people might be mistaken that this will be a blog only about
Toyota cars but truth be told, I'm not a fanatic supporter of Toyota as I love Honda's Type R very much.

Toyota has a long history of car manufacturing and is one of the best brand in Japan and all around the globe. Although in the recent years, Toyota and Lexus have had recalling issues but its brand is still very much strong. I myself have a deep link with Toyota.

My dad use to tell me a story about him when he was young and driving a Toyota. The story goes where he was driving his Toyota (I dunno which model) and was running out of petrol and after some time, the car just broke down. When he send the car for inspection, the mechanic told him the car was out of "black oil" and should have broken down way much earlier than it did. My dad was surprise that the car did not felt anything wrong up to the point it broke down.

From that day on, he somehow believes that Toyota cars are super reliable and durable. So his only choice in car is either Toyota or Mercedes Benz, which is another story. If you ask me, there are some truth in what my dad thinks about Toyota. It's reliable, durable, easy to maintain and get parts as most parts are shared. However, I feel Toyota is very conservative and old fashioned especially after 2006 because their production cars does not have a state of the art design and not high tech at all.
For example, Honda's Civic has a space rocket cockpit with digital speedometer and cool design 3 spoke steering wheel coupled with 5 speed auto transmission with paddle shift but Toyota's Altis before the 2.0V launch has none of those and has old man interior with wood panels.

Finally, my link with Toyota. My first daily drive was a Toyota Corolla 1.6 SEG (AE101) until i met with an accident where I changed to a 2007 Toyota Vios 1.5G and when my brother got his license, I finally changed to my current daily drive, a 2005 Toyota Celica 1.8 vvtl-i. My driving career is filled with Toyota cars and that's why I dedicated the name of this blog to Toyota. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment