Thursday, February 17, 2011

Make over

Ever since I started driving the Vios, I've seen many Vios that has been modified exteriorly from the addition of skirting and spoilers to the exchange of bumpers. I grew fond of the special design and decided I too would like to modify my Vios one day. If only I could have the money to do it.

Then one day, I met with my second accident in my life. I was near the Cheras Leisure Mall roundabout and miss a turn so I had to stopped at a traffic light. All of the sudden, I was hit from the behind and my rear bumper was totaled. Although it was my lost, I thought of it as my chance to modify my Vios because I need a replacement rear bumper. 

I told my dad regarding the mod that I would like to make but he told me that everything should be original and ordered an original rear bumper to replace the damaged one. I was devastated but it was during the middle of my year studying in Japanese Language School where my constant nagging of my dad finally worked and he agree to let me modify my Vios. I was over the moon. :)

I went to look around for possible designs and he brought to a place where he knew would get good services on my car. I took a look at the designs and chose the ings+1 front and rear bumper coupled with TRD side skirts and a Mugen spoiler. The wait was long for my car to be fitted with the kit and painted but the wait was worth it when I saw the end product. Finally, it's sporty. Haha.

However, one thing was missing. Everything looks great but the rim looks small and original. It stood out like a sore thumb and it had to go. The bodykit was expensive. So I couldn't ask my dad to fork out another amount of money for rims but I gotta have it. I went around to look for rim designs and inquired about the cost. Soon I got my budget and it was time to discuss with my dad. Again, he knows a tyre shop for some years and asked me to change it there. I agreed and got my rims changed. Now its perfect and special to me. I've got it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment