Thursday, February 10, 2011

The successor

After that faithful accident on the day before my 18th Birthday, I was left without a car to use and was hoping that the Corolla could be well soon. However, my dad told me he had plans for me and I shouldn't worry about transport. I, of course was excited and asked what was that plan. He told me that his friend, a Nissan salesman hooked me up with a temporary ride until the Corolla is well again. I had a bitter sweet moment. I didn't like Nissan car but I could have a car to use. So, I just waited for what my replacement would be.

Few days after the accident my dad told me to go out with him to get my replacement ride. I was so excited but hoping it would not be worst than the Corolla. I asked him where are we going and soon enough I arrived at a Toyota showroom. He told me my ride was inside waiting. I immediately knew what my next ride is because previously he brought me to a Toyota showroom and looked at cars. The paperwork was done and I met face-to-face with my new ride, a 2006 Toyota Vios 1.5G.

My dad told me he lied about getting a temporary car from Nissan, which was a relieved. I took the keys and drove home on it for the first time. I was grinning as I am a proud new driver of a Toyota Vios. This marked the beginning of a new chapter in my driving life.

First impression of the car ? The new car smell and the plastic wrapped around the seats. What can I say ? For once everything is new and nothing is coming out of its place and the audio systems works perfectly. I have good vision and its comfortable. As a 18 years old kid like I was couldn't complain more but it's a big transformation from the Corolla to the Vios because the Vios is much higher and has a shorter front and rear. Just some minor readjustment I had to do. No biggie. Happy with the Vios.



No comments:

Post a Comment