Saturday, December 27, 2014

In the Flesh

Previously, I posted here I am looking to experience a Turbo car and I am really interested in the Subaru Impreza WRX STI? If not, you could read that story here. Having said that, it only made sense that I started researching STIs and search the market for a nice unit for sales. Around 1 month ago, I found this particular unit that and I was deeply interested in. It has an uncommon brownish-grey color that is the same color as my previous Celica. All the other STIs usually are blue or white and I love this color very much. There was some confusion when I first saw the online ad for this unit. It has the exterior, interior and even the engine bay of a 2005, Version 9 but the title of the ad is Version 8 for sale. I had to take a look to clear my confusion and so, I went down to the used car dealer. I was excited while driving to the car dealer because it would be the first time I come close to touching an STI in the flesh and thinking this could be the one for me. 

When I first saw the STI, I thought the color looked way better than in the photos and I really love it. I was soon checking out the condition of the nice rim and was surprised it is only 17 inches. I also took a peek at what suspension it is on and saw it was sporting an Ohlins suspension kit. The car registration number was a cool feature because it is WRC 204. This might not register with the average person but for us Subaru Impreza fans, it means a lot. The WRC stands for World Rally Championship, a rally race that made the Impreza so famous. Furthermore, the number 204 represents Version 9's limited edition model, the S204. The previous owner was definitely a fanboy. Then, the salesperson walk over to me and asked me would I like to unlock and start the car up. My 5-year-old self was jumping up and down excitedly inside while trying to hide it all up and gave a mere "yes" as my reply. Stay tuned for my next entry on the rest of the viewing. 



Photos above are taken by me while the bottom ones are from the online ad.


No comments:

Post a Comment