Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Discoveries Part 2

The other car that caught my eye while I was in China was the Honda Spirior. Actually, I did not saw this car in the flesh but instead somewhere else. I remembered I was at the Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, going through a scan and I saw TV commercial on the wall of the Spirior which I saw a couple of times. I did not know whether it was the commercial or the car itself that actually caught my attention. I went to look up the Spirior online as soon as I could because I was dying to learn more.

In design, it has the silhouette of a Honda Accord and with a bit of research, I found out that it is built with the same platform and size of an Accord. However, in China there is already an Accord. So, it is best to see this car not as another Accord but a completely different model. Especially when this Spirior does not have the same business or luxury feel that normally an Accord comes with. Instead it has a very sporty outlook coupled with a sporty interior. It has been a while since Honda has a sports sedan for the mature driver. The last one that I could think of is the CL7 Honda Accord Euro R with the powerful K20A engine coupled with a 6 speed manual gearbox. I do not think that China is ready for something that hardcore but it is a good start to bring back mature sporty cars. It also looks futuristic with that headlamp design that uses LED lights fully instead of the usual halogen or  bi-xenon lamps. This makes it something new and cool and really brings something different to the industry.

On the rear it looks great with the uncommon rear bumper design but I am not a fan of the exhaust design. For me, sporty exhaust have to be either quad-pipes or twin round pipes. The ones on the Spirior belong to the luxury category and seem out of place. At least the rim design did not disappoint me because many cars have this flaw. Overall, it definitely would be a great car to have and made me look at my Mazda 6 and have second thoughts. Would love to have it here in Malaysia.




No comments:

Post a Comment