Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Discoveries Part 1

I was in China to visit an exhibition and a supplier for work in early December. Usually I am very excited to see what cars I would be able to see while on foreign land but not exactly with China. Besides the stereotyping where every Chinese love Audis, I know for a fact that JDM sports cars are not popular in China. However, while I was there, I found something that caught my attention. Two particular cars made by Honda that could only be sold in certain countries or only in China.

When I was riding in a taxi, I spotted a SUV that I thought was a BMW X6 but upon getting nearer, the brand logo becomes clearer. It was a Honda and I was surprised that Honda had such a model under its brand. Since I know how to read in Japanese, I frequent Japan's Honda website but I did not see this particular model. All I saw was the brand but could not get a hold of the model name but soon I saw another one and realize it is a popular model. Why wouldn't it be popular ? It is large in size, has a great exterior and best of all, it looks like a BMW X6 (in my opinion). In addition to looking like an X6, I can bet all the money in the world that it is cheaper than an X6 too. Personally it looks great to me but at sides, you can see the hood is flat and does not seems to merge with the A-pillar and the roof line. My favorite part that to me resembles the X6 the most is its rear view. It is really too bad that the Honda Crosstour is only sold in certain countries and I would not have known if I did not come to China. As someone who does not like SUVs, the Range Rover Evoque and BMW X6 are the only exceptions. Since I mentioned the Honda Crossroad here, it is safe to say now, there is a new addition to the exceptions.



2 comments: