Sunday, June 16, 2013

Super GT 2013

This year is my 3rd time attending the Super GT race in Malaysia. This year there is no Big Car Gathering event because the focus was on Super Bikes instead. So, I did not receive any free tickets this year like the past 2 years. In addition to my accident I did not want to go to the event without my Celica. However, my uncle scored 2 free tickets and asked me to go with my cousin brother. The difference with this year's carnival is the gallery of classical american car which does not interest me at all. So I went around scanning for JDM beauties. Sadly, I did not find much this year which was disappointing. I remember last year Toyota launched the Toyota 86 during the Super GT and this year Subaru launched its twin the Subaru BRZ. I spotted several chrome sticker covered cars like the movie HOST but also some cool European car such as the McLaren MP4, Lotus Evora and a nicely upgraded Audi R8.
















Since I have watched the last 2 years' races, the Super GT did not have any charms on me and every year I missed the drifting event just outside the main entrance. This year I spent a lot of time in the drift area and spotted some JDM beauties. Since it is the drift event, majority of the cars here are rear wheel cars such as Mazda MX-5, Mazda RX-8, Toyota MR2, Toyota MR-S, Nissan 350z and Nissan S15. I also caught some of the drifting moments especially the 2 Toyota MR-S I spotted and also the Nissan 350z driven by Malaysia's own Drift Queen, Leona Chin. My most valuable find this year should be the exclusive Mazda RX-7 FD3S with the rare widebody Veilside Fortune bodykit which made a great appearance in the Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift movie. The photos below are from the drifting event.















No comments:

Post a Comment