Saturday, June 15, 2013

Better Than Thought

After 3 weeks, I finally got the chance to visit my Celica in the workshop. Finally I got a closer look at what is the damage. First off with the good news. The only damage to the front in the front bumper (plus fog lights). The radiator and ATF cooler which are the parts just behind the front bumper are unharmed meaning that the engine is safe. Moving to the driver side, the fender and wheel are could be seen damaged from the photo in the previous post. The damage includes broken brake rotor, broken rims and broken lower arm. I am so happy that my rare TRD anti roll bar is unharmed. The coilover might be bent and calipers need to be checked. At the rear, the rear bumper is gone, rear skirt melted by exhaust tip, exhaust tip dented and one rear lights smashed. Below are some photos of damaged parts.






In total, the front bumper with fog lights, right fender, right front rim and tire, one headlight, one brake rotor, one rear light, one rim and rear bumper are confirmed gone cases which needs replacements. Small parts like lower arm assembly, right door, right side skirt and exhaust tip remains unknown at the moment. Brake caliper and coilover needs to be checked. The problem is to locate some of this either rare facelift parts or hard to retrieve parts for the Celica. The front facelift light with build in H.I.D. is as rare as a gem and the suspension is long obsolete. I would not even know what to do with the rims because rims come in a set of 4 and I broke only one. The nut remover is also missing. So, the good news is the damage were not as serious as I thought but locating these parts is not an easy task. I provided the workshop with some leads I have for sourcing these parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment