Saturday, June 1, 2013

Could Be The End

A catastrophe has struck not only me but my beloved Celica. I met with an accident a few days ago. The accident was caused by my action of braking by emergency. It caused the wheel to lock and coupled with wet, slippery road, my car spun. It hit a metal divider on the right and cross three lanes on the highway and hit the metal divider on the left and finally I maneuvered the high speed spinning car into a clear area hitting a third divider. The car stopped and all electric current was gone. I tried to open the door but it was damaged but I managed to get out. I could see the front bumper far away, the right fender smashed and I felt a horror chill. I was more worried about the well-being of my car. I heard people saying the lower arm broke and because of the spinning the rear was damaged too. I knew in my heart that the damage would be huge but I hope for the best as I notice the hood is not dented.

There are many things that is going in my head currently. Number 1 would be the sadness and guilt I feel about crashing the Celica. Number 2 is my concern with the insurance people. There are cases where original parts are replaced with fakes or parts claim do not match the car. For instance, a different bumper or different lights. I am driving a facelift Celica where parts are not easily found. So, usually pre-facelift parts are used and the age of the car could be an excuse to why parts could not be found. Finally, I am worry about the handling of the car after it is fixed and the rare parts that I mod on my Celica. It is well known that once a car is involved in an accident at the suspension area, the handling will never be the same as it was. Celica is off production for quite some time and parts especially modification parts are hard to be found. I doubt I will get back what it was before.

Now all I can do is wait for the insurance claim procedures and get the car fixed. Every day I just imagine how the car would be and it is messing with my head. I really want to know what is the current condition of my Celica, what will be done to fix my Celica and the parts that will be used. The most important thing is to use original parts whether is new or used. I did have a friend whose Celica crashed and he manipulated the insurance personnel and changed the transmission from automatic to manual. Of course being the motor-head like I am, I want to do the same but it is illegal and I am not going to stoop so low. In the end, I am really guilty and sorry about wrecking my beloved Celica and I hope for a great recovery.





No comments:

Post a Comment