Thursday, January 3, 2013

Car Shopping

It is common to sell and upgrade your car after sometime and the same is happening in my family. The family MPV, a 2001 Toyota Estima Aeras G is 12 years old and we had it since 2006. It has served its purpose for 7 years now and my dad think it is time for an upgrade. So, we went looking for a Toyota Vellfire for 2 days viewing more than 150 cars. This is not a post about the new car as there will be plenty of time for one when the car arrives. While I was shopping, I saw a few hot cars that I think is not common.

First up is a Nissan GT-R R35. While you may think, what is so special with a GT-R when it has been around for years and is popular that once in a while you will see one on the road. Now, what make this so special is that this is neither a premium nor a black edition but a rare SpecV. Although I forgot to take a photo of the biggest difference between the standard and this beauty that is the 6 spoke black monoblock rims and larger brake rotor, other difference such as the lip on the front and the spoiler at the rear with the different exhaust.





Next is a W212 Mercedes Benz E-Class. What actually attracted me is the outrageous yet awesome WALD bodykit it spots. Although not in the photo, there are just too many grills/fins that even I can handle. It simply makes one who is not into continental car considering to get one of these bad boys. Do check out the large diffuser in the rear and the quad pipes arrangement. Just stunning.




Now we have an Audi R8 V8 here. Nothing special with this R8 because it is a simple basic 4.2l model but I do have a special bias for a R8. Among all common consumer, when asked about supercars, most would answer your standard Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Maserati and Porsche. However, for me it has to be the R8. It does not cost more than other supercars but it looks just as great especially in the Iron Man movie series. The brake rotors is definitely something to admire.




I also saw a Ferrari Italia. I do not really care for Ferraris but this is a nice one. So, here it is.

1 comment: