Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mazda 6

When I was 17, I got my driving license and my dad asked me what sort of car do I fancy. At that time I did not know anything regarding cars. So, I began noticing cars on the road while I drive to see what will catch my eye. All I knew was that I like sedans and lights where there is a row circular lights in a housing. One day while I was driving my old Corolla, I saw a car that fits the description and I could not get enough of it but sadly I did not catch the name of the car from its emblem. Then I saw the same car in a newspaper ad and told my dad about it. He told me I could not get it because it is a big sedan with 2.0 L or 2.3 L engine which is too big for a new driver like me to handle. Nevertheless, the first model of Mazda 6 becomes a car that I will keep an eye on for its progress.


The Mazda 6 has always been a little different compared to its rival such as the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. It gives of a more of a sporty look than the rivals that give of a more mature feeling. It is more well build and if you look deeper into it, you will realize that all Mazda were fully imported from Japan. Meanwhile its rival are mainly assembled locally or made in the neighbor country, Thailand. When the second generation came out, again it retains its advantage over the rivals with more gadgets and sport oriented vehicle. Although it ditched the lights I adored, in place is another sporty design. I continue to admire the bold design that Mazda goes with and it definitely stands out compare to its rival. In addition, there are plenty of extra goodies that could be found in the Mazda 6 and not its rival. Everytime I think of a car for when I am in my mid 30s, the Mazda 6 will definitely be my choice.



The latest model of Mazda 6 changed the game for Japanese D-Segment cars. Similarly with previous 2 models, the Mazda 6 took a giant leap ahead from its rivals. This time the size and wheelbase have increased so much that it is now at the same size as a Mercedes Benz W212 E Class and without a doubt the BMW F10 5 series as well. It is bigger, roomier and much more sleek than any of its boxy rivals. In addition to that, Mazda came up with its own SkyActiv engine aiming to increase power and fuel efficiency couple with many, many new technology such as i-Stop and i-Eloop just to name a few examples. It is not something that I would expect from a Japanese maker. However, although it is all good but from my research the latest Mazda 6 is around RM 10,000 costlier and a price tag of near RM 200,000. Asian drivers would definitely have a hard time to decide on purchasing one because of the extra. For me, a better car is much more important. Mazda 6 would be my choice for a Japanese D-Segment car.




No comments:

Post a Comment