Saturday, March 16, 2013

It is Back

After the scare I gave myself, it appears that the cause of my car's breakdown is the malfunction of the heating coil. This heating coil is responsible for giving hot air when the aircond is set at hot. Since its leaking, there was excessive hot water in the system causing overheating. The solution was either to replace the heating coil or to bypass the system. The solution is to bypass the system because it is easier and cheaper to do so.  The related hoses are removed and or closed with stoppers. The biggest reason is because the heating coil is not used especially in a country like Malaysia where there is no winter and it is hot every single day.

Hoses not connected

I am really happy that it finally started and is ready to be driven. The moment it started, I was relieved. It has come back alive. There is another good news. I finally located a cheap carbon fiber hood for my Celica. I got it cheap but it is in terrible shape. There are many sides where it is broken and it requires a lot work to get it ready to be used. The good thing is it is a carbon fiber not a FRP, I got it cheap and it comes with a nice hood pin. The hood scope is almost 3 times higher than stock which increase the cooling of the exhaust manifold. On each side there are shark vents but it is just for show. It will take some time to get it all patch up and painted before I can use it. I am surprised it could fit in the back of my car. It shows my car is big.



No comments:

Post a Comment