Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Deep Troubles

2 weeks after my radiator was fixed, similar signs appeared again. It seems that the previous fix has not completely heal my car. I checked the part that was fixed to see whether was it the same problem. It was not and that completely baffled me. In addition, the temperature meter seems to be malfunctioning as it goes up and down as it likes. I started to suspect that the meter or the sensor has malfunction and drive my car normally. When my mum see my car with its hood up, she asked me why and said that it might have burnt something else.

Ever since that, I have been getting the feeling that something bad might happen. Tonight when I was fetching my friend home, I noticed that the engine check light is lit, M signal of manual mode is blinking and there is sound when I step the accelerator. It is the sign that something is amiss and the problem might have escalated. I once saw the M signal blinking and it was due to overheat that the transmission could not be controlled.

Fearing the consequences, I stopped by a nearby Shell petrol station. I popped my hood and cool the coolant tank with water before filling it up with water. I could see the water boiling and smoke coming out. I thought to myself that this is it. I called my mechanic and he told me to let the car cool down and then go home. By the time it did, the car could not be started. It sounds like the starter is not working. In the end, I had no choice but to call for a carrier to send to my mechanic's place. It was sad to see my beloved Celica go that way. I could only hope for the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment