Saturday, August 11, 2012

Up and Operating

After a week, it was time to head back to my tuner, TopSecret to solve my previous problem with the EM-CON. My tuner started to remove the EM-CON and open it up to check whether is there any component that is malfunctioning. He then proceeded to change the wiring setup to my ECU. We were hoping that the error light or engine check light won't come on. When I start the car and there was no error, we knew that finally it is working right.

He setup the tuning tools on my car and we went out on the road to tune the car. This time there was a few agenda for the tuning which includes increase of power, increase of response and also trying to achieve a setup where after each gear change the rpm does not drop to much. This is so that power could be achieve right after gear change without delay.

So long story short, after the tuning there is a big difference. First of all, the Camcon now uses a base map that is developed for the 2zz-ge engine that makes the lift in each gear to be not so noticeable (without a pull) but the sound and power can be seen. Secondly, now the rpm does not goes down easily and a small pump on the acceleration, the car would just go. Overall the car feels light due to the extra power. However, the downside is if I stay on high rpm and not shift gear, the fuel consumption is very high. It is only suitable for occasional sprint.

There is still much to be tested for this setup as I only drove it for a day. I now can use the cheaper petrol available but still have this power. One could only imagine the power it will make when using the higher ron petrol. There will be more testing when I drive it on the road and I will be going for a dyno test to see the power figure it is making now. Hope to be near the 160 whp made by manual models.

EM-CON paired with Camcon

2 comments:

  1. Hey, i enjoy what your doing on your car, im running emanage ultimate + camcon. where you based?

    Im pretty sure you can get alot more power out of your car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi echu. Sorry I just found out there was a comment.

    On what car are you running this setup on ? Celica too ? I'm based in Kajang, Selangor.
    E-manage Ultimate have higher setting capabilities compared to my EM-CON so it has its limitation. In addition, I'm driving an auto. I do think I can get more power than it is now but I'm a daily driver so low rpm range is where I need the power.

    ReplyDelete