Friday, August 10, 2012

Shaken

I have written a post regarding my good friend's Celica who had a 3S-GTE transplant being the first 7th  generation Celica with the original turbo engine. I have driven it once when I came back from UK and I remember my review was it is a great car that is easy to drive because of a light clutch for a turbo car. The acceleration on all gears have great pulls and there seem to be no turbo lag. A very fine car suitable for both daily drive and the occasional sprint.

That was when I took it out on a spin with its natural boosting of 0.6 bar. Last night, he peaked his boost to 1.0 bar with his Blitz boost controller but due to a leaking intake manifold, the boost is unstable and drops to 0.8 bar. I anticipated the same ride as my first go but I was wrong. The power was much more powerful at this high setting. After 10 minutes of driving, my arms and leg were shaking not of fear but I was filled with pure ecstasy and adrenaline was rushing through my body. It kept me wanting more.

The car just go as I want and power could be achieved easily without the need to downshift or be on a specific gear. However, because this engine is from a 4WD car, it is too much for the FWD of his car to handle resulting the difficulty of keeping the car straight when you step it all to redline from a complete stop. While I was driving, I was smiling and kept saying that this is what it is all about. I had a great time driving it and it really make me wanting to have a turbo car myself. When I return to my not only NA car but an automatic car, I totally felt a a hole that needs to be filled. I guess this is why turbo car is always a favorite among enthusiasts.

SARD Boost Gauge
ST205 Cluster
Controller

No comments:

Post a Comment