Sunday, July 29, 2012

Time Attack

When I first heard the acronym CTA, it was last year when I was in the UK. It is a time attack based racing event by V1 Concept Restaurant where car owners race their car down the circuit track and try to achieve the best time in its own category. I saw my president and a few members took part in the event. I have always wanted to drive down the track as fast as possible and was determined to participate in the next CTA.

After I came back, I decided to participate so I made plans to upgrade my Celica. I have heard from my very track experienced President's son that the auto gearbox is the most vulnerable. So, I went ahead and install a ATF Cooler to protect the gearbox. I wanted to increase the power of my car and had crazy plans involving the port and polish for exhaust manifold, enlarging the inner diameter of the throttle body and finish it with the installation of the EM-CON.

It all seems perfect where I just mod and participate in the CTA to test the new power. However, things did not turn up as planned. First, the throttle body project was a failure by the mechanic and secondly, the exhaust manifold requires a long day of work which is big hassle. Finally, with the EM-CON wiring being incomplete, it could not be installed. There would not be much point to participate now especially since my tuning is off.

So, I just went as a spectator. There I saw the many participating car and wished my car was one of those. I went around checking out cars and saw some that I love and would like to own one. Then the event started with the first heat with the categories of Supercar and Turbo 4WD. Followed by Turbo FF and Turbo FR and ended with V-TEC monsters. It was really a cool sight of nice powerful car hitting it all on the track. It was my first time watching cars like Ferrari, Porsche, R8, and many cars zooming down the track.This time I'm sure I will jump at the next chance to hit the track. I wonder what it would feel like to go all out with my Celica.

Nice Looking Fast Going Silvia S15
One of the fastest 4WD Turbo
Many FD2R and DC5R were present but this color caught my eye. 
Slow camera I have

No comments:

Post a Comment