Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Second thoughts

After the last mod, I realized I have overspent my budget and coupling with the previous dyno result, I was a bit concerned. I could not help wondering whether the throttle body was a waste of money. I could have done something else with that money. At the end I decided to remove the throttle body and replace it with my stock throttle body.

I had it removed and cleaned my stock one. When I was driving my Celica, it felt the same as before I removed the ported one. This brings me think about what the ported throttle body really does for my Celica. The fact is I decided to remove it and sell to get some financial freedom. Luckily, I managed to resell it to another member for a better use.

Ending this situation with no loss in financial status and gain a lesson in choosing my mods carefully, I begin to reconsider and plan my future mod plans. I want to do it when I have financial freedom and not to have to feel the pinch after I mod. There are a few mods I am thinking of such as open pod air filter system, porting of my exhaust manifold, porting throttle body and many other options that is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment