Monday, January 16, 2017

2017's New Plan

First of all, Happy New Year to all who actually still drops by into this blog. This blog has been neglected mainly due to the lack of car related happenings to me. The last time I posted was about the BMW-Toyota Hybrid idea that I had for my next car but that soon came to a fizz because of the recent change in Vehicle Law in Malaysia. This change in law only allows the transplant of engine within the same brand. So there goes the hybrid idea and for sometime later, I was back to staring at the local car selling website and hope for a cheap buy. However, in light of the new year, something came along and it all started with a lunch meeting I had with my father and his long time friend, who is an extraordinary car sales rep 1 week ago.
 

During our lunch, I talked to him about the recent cheap sports car on the market and mentioned that some of my friends suggested I look for a Nissan Fairlady Z, precisely the 350Z. He then told me that he just remembered having seen a 350Z sold on the Internet and he is able to get me a good deal. It is a 2006 red, roadster (soft top) model with auto transmission. Since the car does not meet my requirement and is way over my budget, I passed on it but to my surprise, my father told me that at that price, the 350Z is really a good choice. Although surprised, I understood why he said so. The 350Z was sold for around RM 260,000 new and after 14 years, it is now around RM 50,000 for a 2003 model. That is around 80% decrease in value and anyone who bought one now would have save on depreciation.

350Z Roadster
Soon after the lunch, I talked to some friends and one of them told me that there is a Nismo 350Z for sale and it is cheap. I joined the 350Z owners club's Facebook page and viewed the photos of the Nismo 350Z. I was immediately excited and attracted to the car because of the spec of the car. It has all the mod that I would go for; Suspension (Tein), Exhaust, Open Pod Intake (ARC with Heat Shield) and has Brembo Brakes, and the Ultra Rare Nismo parts; Cluster Meter and Semi-Bucket seats. I was starting to believe it is a Nismo model but I did some research and found out it is only a stock 350Z with Nismo parts installed in it. Nevertheless, it is hard to come by a manual transmission 350Z with all these mods and selling at a good and cheap price.

Actual Nismo 350Z
Previously I was talking to my buddy who has a 350Z with auto transmission and asked him to sell me his ride for a cheap price. Since the market price for his 350Z is around RM 40,000 to RM 50,000, you can understand why I am interested in the Nismo 350Z posted online. I contacted the seller and realize the biggest problem is the car is located 500 km away from me but since it is a great deal, I decided to make a spontaneous trip up north to view the car. Deep down inside my heart I hope that this would be a good ride and I will be able to buy it. Wish me luck !

Car For Sale
*ps. When I told my parents, my mother flipped and I got into a huge fight with her. This is what
        happen when you have an over-protective, conservative mother and a record of a huge crash in
        the past. However, I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment