Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year to all my readers who are celebrating it. May you have a great celebration and a prosperous year ahead.


It has been weeks since I viewed the Nissan Fairlady Z or 350Z in Perlis. The update is I bought the 350Z and already paid a deposit on her. You might think that I am very happy but the fact is I am not. Supposedly it would only take a week for all the procedures and I could drive home with the 350Z and make it before the Chinese New Year holidays and my birthday. However, due to issues regarding the new car plate, I would have to wait longer. This, unfortunately is quite the norm for me every time I get a new car and this is the 4th time. It began with Toyota Celica, Hyundai Tucson, Mazda 6 and now, the 350Z. Some how, every time I get a new car, the number that I want is extremely difficult to get or expensive to buy. So, I have no choice but to wait and as my father's friend mentioned, I am not in a hurry to get the car so let us just wait. That is true and the seller is more anxious to get rid of the 350Z. I will let him worry about that and enjoy my new year celebration.

Although I do not know when I will be able to retrieve the 350Z but it did not stop me from planning what to do with the car once I get my hands on her. Not only did I came up with a list of restoration and mod needed, I actually started to purchase parts for her. I ordered 2 parts, just in time for my buddy to bring back from Japan as he was coming back for the holidays. The first part is for the Recaro SR6 seats that I have sitting in my room. Readers who read about my Toyota Celica would know that the SR6 came along with Celica and was removed when I sold the Celica. It was kept in my room and finally with the 350Z, I will be able to use the SR6 again. If you have a car with semi bucket seats, you would know the extra hassle the seats have with seat belts. So, I bought a custom made seat belt guide for the SR6. It allows easy access to the seat belt and I feel like it should have been a mod when I was driving the Celica but better late than never. It is leather on the outside with blue stitching (red is too mainstream) and a special strap for the seat belt. Since it was custom made, it fits like a glove.

Recaro SR6
Custom Leather Seat Belt Guide
Installed and fits like a glove
The second part was a simple yet much need part. This will the first manual car I drive and I have always want to buy a shift pattern plate. Most of the time, the shift pattern will be on the gear knob but not all gear knob has the pattern. That is when this plate is very important. So, I had my buddy buy one of this Nismo 6 speed Shift pattern plate which does not cost a lot but sure hell is a cool thing to have. On the web page, it seems nice but when I see it, I was not expecting this. This is because it is too thin, almost like a sticker. I can't wait to put this in the car. It will certainly increase the cool factor of my 350Z interior.



1 comment: