Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bad Decision ?

After 2 weeks, I finally got the call that the Toyota Vios is done. It includes paint, exchange of broken parts and some chassis related tweaking. As usual, I hope to just go collect the car and pay and be done with it but it never is that simple. The first time I took it back, there were complains regarding several gaps. Mainly gaps between the front hood, the front bumper and front lights. At the rear, when the boot is closed, the gap it has with rear bumper not even. So, I had to send the Vios back to the workshop for another round of tweaking and I got another call in 3 days. I was worried when I went over to collect the Vios so I examined it and realized very minimal work was done. I came to think that it is the best they could do with a damaged front and the fact that they replaced the rear bumper with an O.E.M. or what they call a replica. I am glad my parents accept my conclusion but come tomorrow I was told that they are sending the Vios back for paint touch up. I do not know how many times must the Vios go in and out of the workshop until they are satisfied.

I would say this is an outcome from a bad decision from my father. Before this makeover was given the green light, prices were asked and it was up to my father to decided. He was busy and did not want to give any concern and so he let one of my colleague to decide. It was decided to be done by an insurance claim workshop and that is worst kind of workshop ever. I do not know about other countries but if your car is in an insurance claim workshop, there are certain things you can assure you will receive. For part replacements, you will get replicas/fakes or used parts. For mechanical repair, you won't be able to find anything wrong until you are a distance away from the workshop and have signed the release documents. For paint jobs, you will get cheap paint or bad painters. In a way, I have to say I expected the outcome because it was sent to this workshop. If it were a real paint shop, the paint will turn out beautifully but the damaged parts and chassis tweaking would be impossible. Should have sent to 2 places.

p.s. I could not get any photos because of the frequent trips to the workshop and I was heavily ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment