Thursday, December 20, 2012

About Time

It has been 3 months since the Tucson joined my family and the Vios is now full with battle scars only driven by me occasionally near my house area and by my dad when he and mum goes out for groceries. There are a few post regarding the scars made by my brother when he was driving it and the time to rejuvenate the Vios has finally come because my sister is now at legal age to drive. A crap car is not what a teenage girl would look forward to fetch some friends to go shopping and it is up to me the car nut to help improve its condition.

What I did was ordered some parts of my friends to replace the faulty ones. I got a side mirror cover for when my brother got hit by a lorry causing the cover to be missing. It was left bare like that for quite some time and it is really not pretty. Luckily I usually drive the Vios at night so no one can see properly. Surprisingly the cover was very cheap but it needs a coat of paint before I can install the cover and I think the whole car needs a new paint job too as the color has faded after 5 years under the hot sun.




The second part I ordered was a rear light for the Vios. Now, this problem has been there even longer before until I do not remember how long ago it was. There must have been a leak with the sealant and water went in the lights. It is now constantly fogged in one part and it is like an aquarium with water inside. I hope nothing alive is in there. The new lights cost a bit but it is a must for the sake of my sister and the car. It is my brother's fault for not taking care of the car. I hope his Tucson would not turn out like his previous car. the Vios.



This is of course just a small beginning because the Vios really needs a lot of work done before it looks decent again but then again, my sister might just wreck the car like my brother or worst. Such a dilemma. However, it is a must to restore it. I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment