Saturday, July 9, 2011

Record Breaking

After 1 years and 2 months, I finally had the best mileage for my car. Before I bought my Celica, I have been reading about Celica regarding many aspect of the car including its fuel consumption. Based on the data that I have obtained, my unit have a very high consumption with maximum of 430 km for a 50 L full tank of petrol.

After my drive to Genting Highlands, I have accumulated large amount of mileage for that current tank of petrol and by the end of the tank, I have a personal record breaking of 470 km. It surprises me and I normally could not do it due to my big 18" rim and bigger brakes. It is a miracle and I'm happy with it. This is the proof.



On the side note, my braking problems have all been solved with new adjustments of the ABS sensors. This move removes the ABS motor screeching when braking at low speed and ensures that ABS works above the speed of 170 km/h. However, the brakes develops a sound when braking. I deduce that the brake pads needed to be warmed up then the sound disappears.

My window is letting wind in and I'm hearing more noise than before, even I am annoyed. I don't know whether is the window level not right or the rubber housing holding the glass is loose. I have no idea and I need to solve it. For once it's good to have a car that functions well.

No comments:

Post a Comment