Thursday, August 20, 2015

Budget Issue

Like before, I had to take a look at this Subaru Impreza WRX STI when I chance upon it on the Internet. When I arrived, I was immediately captivated by its condition. In my opinion, a well-maintained paint job is the only way to preserve an aged car and maintain its beauty beyond time. The photos I took could not express how exciting I feel. It is a really clean car without exaggerating body kits or excessive canards or huge GT spoilers or covered in decals. Even the rims are stock and when I was inside, I like what I saw too. Everything is original and again, very clean but there are also some enhancements. The center console is dipped in carbon print and above the aircond vents are 3 performance meters. Near the A-pillar, there is a boost meter. This is definitely how I picture the inside of my Impreza to look like if I ever buy one. Surprisingly, the most unexpected part would be the engine bay that shows no sign of any modification whatsoever. It truly seems to be a rare find indeed but after I started the engine, I realized the exhaust is sort of loud and found out the exhaust muffler is not STI but of Greddy/Trust.








Although I have the wish and intention to purchase an Impreza WRX STI but I do not have the finance needed. Nevertheless, I went to have a talk with the salesperson regarding loans and because it is such an old car, I worry that it would be difficult. So I had him break down what are the requirement and loan structure would be. I was told that I need 30% downpayment instead of the usual 10% and the loan period is only 6 years maximum because of its age. If I have to fork out that huge amount, I could have gone for a car that is newer and with a higher price. The reason why I considered a car of such an age is that it has finally dropped to a price that I could afford. This is when I think I would rather buy a much older car with a lower price using cash money but it would take a longer time to save up the amount needed. One year has passed but the situation that I am in did not change one bit. It might take a few more years but I am determined to get an STI in the future. 




1 comment: