Tuesday, February 17, 2015

DIY 2

Last Friday, my special someone asked me to look at her mother's Toyota Camry. Her Camry's rear lamp has broken and it appeared to be an aesthetic damage. The first thing I thought of was my friend who works in a car accessory shop, where I bought the Vios Fog Lamp for my special someone's Toyota Vios. The next day I went over to the shop he works in and collected the brand new lamp. I planned to once again install it myself. Mainly to impress her and especially her mother to get a good impression of me. l had a look at how I am supposed to remove the lamp but was not so sure because I had not done anything similar before. I went to YouTube and search for a similar video and indeed I found the steps and even the tools needed to get the deed done. Luckily I have the exact same tool lying in my office. Needless to say, I went to her place as soon as I finished work. After some time and some extra steps that was not on the video, I finally installed it nicely. I was proud of myself that I could do it and even more happy that I made someone else happy.

Before
After
Good Job
Few years ago, I helped her bought aluminum pedals for her Vios but only managed to install the brake pedal, which is just a cover. I could not fix the acceleration pedal because I did not had the tools needed and only had it today. So, I took the liberty to get it done but I faced difficulties with removing the pedal (without the right tool) and it was difficult to remove and insert the pin holding the pedal. It took a lot longer than expected but the effect is worth it and I get to finished what I started few years ago. I really had a sense of satisfaction, knowing I am capable of doing small and easy installation like this. Plus, I get to help save up the installation cost that would incur if I brought the car out for a small installation like this. It is great to do something car related rather than just look online and write here on the blog. I wonder what could be waiting for me to do next time.

Before - Dull and Ugly
After - Sporty
Thank you, trusty wrench

No comments:

Post a Comment