Thursday, May 29, 2014

MR-S in the flesh

As a fan of Toyota sports cars, you can not leave out the Toyota MR-S and so I was very excited to be able to meet one in the flesh. If you have frequently visited my blog, you would remember a review that I wrote about the Toyota MR-S or you could read it here, MR-S review, if you have not. Ever since I decided to let go of my Celica, I started to sell off my mods and someone was interested in my Camcon unit. So, I arranged to meet up with him and to my surprise, he drives a Toyota MR-S. That was a period where I have detached myself from anything related to cars and meeting this MR-S made me felt like a small boy, getting ice-cream on a hot day. I was not even paying much attention to the owner when we were talking business and when I got the chance, I asked if he could show me his car. That is when it got interesting.

When I first saw his MR-S, I noticed it has a hard top, facelift rear lights and facelift rear bumper. I thought I was lucky not only to be able to see a MR-S but also a well equipped, rare late model. In Malaysia, it is really difficult to get a facelifted JDM sports car because they are mostly grey imports and only the initial models were popular. I know because there only a handful of facelift Celica that I found excluding the one I driven before. However I was told by the owner, it is actually an early model only will an exterior upgrade, even with facelift front lights. The car talk went on and on, and was even longer than the business talk. Maybe there is a lack of photos and sorry about the quality. I was also given a tour of the interior and sat in the cockpit. Being all excited I forgot to take photos of the inside. The gear knob indicating 5 speed manual gives a strong indication that it is an early model because facelifted models have 6 speed manual. 

I actually thought of getting a small sports car as my weekend ride and the MR-S came to my mind and so I asked a lot about owning one and learn more about it. Frankly, I like how its stock looking with the original rims but comes with the exterior upgrade and rare hardtop. Owning one does sound fun but it is still unaffordable because of its age. The only regret of this meet up is that I could not have a test drive of it and could not take better photos. At least I get to say I have seen a Toyota MR-S up close. I really hope there are more meetings like this. Let's hope I get a sports car again soon. Please bare with these limited photos though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment