Saturday, October 26, 2019

Swapped

The day I viewed the third Toyota Altezza was a Thursday. At first, I thought I could not proceed with the swap the next day because there are things to prepare beforehand. The soonest I could swap would be another day later but the land authority office would be closed on a Saturday. I told my buddy of the dilemma and he told me I could do it at night and on Saturdays because, in Malaysia, we have special centers where several government offices operate until night time. I wonder how I could forget about the centers and that was why, I thought I must do it on a weekday. I should not delay anymore as the owner might back out of the deal. So, I quickly contacted the Altezza's owner and told him my plan to do it that same night. Both of us made arrangements for our respective cars to send for inspection and I applied for car insurance. The whole day I was excited and could not concentrate on work. It was finally happening and although it is not a faster car, I was looking forward to the experience with the Altezza. When I had my Toyota Celica, I wanted to have an Altezza. That way I could have a sports coupe and a sports sedan for every occasion. It is kind of a dream come true to experience how an Altezza would drive.

Everything was in a rush. I had to arrange for a runner to send my Nissan Fairlady Z for an inspection and then purchase new insurance coverage for the Toyota Altezza. Both these tasks had to be completed before the end of the day's working hours, in order to make it in time for transfer of ownership to take place on the same night. It was a relieve when both tasks were done before 6 pm and I was able to go to the special center, straight after work. Aside from the queue, the whole process only took around 15 minutes. After the transfer, I renewed the road tax for the Altezza but the new owner did not renew for the 350Z. It was understandable because the cost of 350Z's road tax could renew more than 10 years for the Altezza. The next thing to do was to bid my 350Z goodbye and transferred all my items to the Altezza. I briefed the new owner certain quirks about the 350Z and he left. I had to meet my friends and this would be a good test drive for me. The first issue I had with the car was the headlights because one was green and one was not working well. The second thing happened when I turn the steering wheel fully left and tried to drive. There was a scraping sound and I remembered that this car was lowered and maybe the tire is scratching the fender. I also had to pump petrol for the first time.


Overall the drive requires some getting used to. I noticed several issues but I was not sure whether if it is a characteristic of the Altezza or something is not right with the car. There's only one way to find out and that is to drive more and bring the Altezza to a workshop for a full check.

No comments:

Post a Comment