Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Test Drive: Lexus IS250, My Poison

Sad news have arrived while the Celica is getting repaired. My dad being the old fashioned type has gone against keeping a car that was involved in an accident. I too share his view but my Celica is not damage to dad point only having one absorber issue. My dad has decided to sell my precious Celica. I felt sad as the time between me and my Celica is just a short of 3 years. I feel there are more that we both could achieve together. I did not know that my sports car days would come to an end so soon. So, I have no motivation to work on the Celica anymore. The time to look for a replacement has come and once again my dad will lay down some rules in looking for a new car.



My mum thinks that a sports car is the source of all problem and thus banning all sports car includes any 4 door sports car such as the Evolution Lancer or the Impreza. My dad on the other hand bans all grey imports and used car, leaving me with not much choice. The bright side is the very high budget available but coupled with all the bans, I actually have not much car choices left. The decision would be tough. Hearing all the conditions, 1 particular car popped into my mind. One that I have eyed for quite some time. The 2005-2012 Lexus IS250. It seems perfect. Luxurious sedan with a lovely 2.5l V6 engine with just enough JDM sprit. However, the new model which looks hideous to me, just launched making me unable to buy it new even if I want to.


One day, my dad surprised me with a call and said he found an IS250 and said I am going to love it. When I reached I saw this beauty and indeed I was in love but I should not show it. I was told that the current owner did some mod here and there. Some were to my liking some were not. I loved the front lip, suspension and exhaust change and the spoiler. Not loving the huge but plain 19" rims. I could see that the car has low mileage and is well kept such as no kids, parking under roof all the time and daily wash. It even have all sort of tinting of the lights to prevent stone chips. I had to take it for a spin. On the inside I did not like that it is a local spec without the touch screen from Japan and no famous Mark Levinson sound system.  


On the test drive I like the hum of the aftermarket mufflers and low and hard ride. It kind of reminds me of my Celica. I do love the metal paddle shifters on the steering and the gear indicator on the console. Both high tech and sporty. I expected great torque from the V6 but it felt heavy maybe due to the large rims (stock is 17"). It was just a short spin and I could not test it all out like I wanted to but I could tell where the luxurious and sporty side of the car is and how both come well together. I was settle because of the mods it has saving me from all the trouble of modding myself but being an used car really concerns me. It is also very short with short wheelbase and small boot. Rear passenger would definitely suffer from legroom issue. I gotta think properly but I am really bias towards this Lexus.




No comments:

Post a Comment