Friday, May 8, 2020

Expert's Opinion Part 2

After a disappointing viewing, I drove my friend to the lot at the Auto City where I previously saw a Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The salesman recognized me and asked if I was ready to buy the Version 8. I was surprised when the salesman told me a different price and was now, slightly more expensive. While I was chatting with the salesman, my friend began his inspection. He told me that this unit was familiar to him and saw it in a used car warehouse. This contradicts the story the salesman told me and I began doubting this company. Although the paint was fresh, there were cobwebs on the rim that shows the car was in storage for a long time and checks out my friend's story. Next, he started the engine and instead of the smooth, quiet engine, the engine was creaking. It was opposite to when I started it one week ago and I was confused. My friend fiddled with the throttle body and told me the engine was not perfect but still fine. After another 10 minutes, my friend signaled me to leave as he was unhappy. He was unhappy with the backstory that the salesman cooked up to sell the STI and attitude change when he revealed seeing this unit at a warehouse. It was not even a good condition unit. We left the lot and out of a sudden, my friend remembered seeing another Version 8 that was in the Auto City. So, we went to check out the other unit.


The other unit was a 3-minute drive away and soon, I was looking at another Version 8. This marks the third Version 8 that I have viewed and I realized there is a common trend with the exterior. All that I viewed is blue in color, which is the signature color and spots gold, aftermarket rims. It is such a classic combination but leaves nothing for me to write. This unit is no exception and that is why I did not bother to take a photo of the car's exterior. At the same time, I was also tired after viewing 2 units straight. So, we got straight to the important points, the engine and the price. I started the engine and this has to be the best sounding engine so far. My friend opened the hood and I was surprised the engine bay is so clean. This car is still using the factory intake tunnel and airbox. I only spotted the aftermarket aluminum radiator and blow-off valve. My friend was smiling because of the condition of the engine bay and the sound of engine. This unit can be considered and it all depends on the price. While we were there, I took a look at the interior and as expected, everything is still stock looking. The only mods were an STI Genome boost meter, Turbo timer, and a speed meter. It was getting late and both of us have things to do. I took the salesman's name card and told him I would call him to ask about the price. Days later, I did call but was shocked to hear the crazy price of this unit and although it is in a very condition, I am not willing to pay this much for a Version 8. It looks like the search for my future ride continues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment